While talking about current scenario, where most of the users are waiting for the latest Mac versions, on the other side the Apple has decided to offer Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion free for users. These operating systems were launched in 2011 and 2012 respectively.
According to a report, the aforementioned operating systems are available for users free of cost on Apple’s support website. Previously, the users had to pay around $19.99 to upgrade to latest version of OS X.
Well, if you are concerned if you can run the OS X Lion or Mountain Lion on your system, then you must known these operating system are launched for devices before 2012. and if you have, you might need to do a factory reset to install. let’s checkout the minimum requirements of OS X Lion here:
- A Mac with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3/i5/i7, or Xeon processor
- 2GB of system memory
- 7GB of available space
- Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply
- Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
How to download Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion Free?
As mentioned, the Apple has released these operating systems free for users through Apple Support website, you must need to follow here mentioned steps to get it for your machine.
- Visit the Apple Support page
- Find either OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, whichever you prefer.
- On specific pages, you can view its minimum requirements as well.
- Based on your preferences, you can click on shown download button to download the OS easily.
Once the download is complete, you are done, and can install the OS on your older Mac to take benefits of its features free of cost.